JUMP START YOUR CAREER
COLLISION REPAIR & REFINISH
Where Hands-On Aptitude Meets Artistic Ability
20-WEEK COLLISION REPAIR & REFINISH PROGRAM
Learn focused hands-on efficiency training in a high-demand career field.
The 20-week accelerated program is designed to teach the next generation of mechanics to be as efficient as the vehicles they will maintain and repair.
Program Topics Below
Blueprint Tear Down/Technical Writing
- Complete disassembly of vehicle damage
- Accurate mapping (marking) of all vehicle damage
- Complete photos of all marked damage (repair & replace)
- Accurate communications with estimator (technical writer)
- Estimate review
- Parts cart loading process
Paint Prep & Finishing
- Efficient masking process
- Thorough panel prep including cleaning and sanding
- Priming, guide coating and block sanding
- Finish sanding clear coat (wet / dry methods)
- Machine compounding, finish polishing and final detailing
Color Matching Success
- Color theory and understanding the color wheel
- Train skill in accurately discerning color differences
- Repeatable step-by-step color creation process
- Tri-Coats, Metallics and Pearls
- Successful color blending
Fast Lane Repairs & Plastic Welding
- Estimate repair mapping
- Minor vehicle disassembly
- Small dent repair
- Bumper repair
- Plastic welding
Airbag Diagnosis & Repair
- Airbag systems operation and functionality
- Airbag system safety and handling
- System diagnosis and scan tool use
- System components and replacement
Welding – Steel, Aluminum, Bronze
- Weld types and required welders
- Cutting and prepping panels
- Bronze MIG welding
- Steel MIG welding and sleeving
- Aluminum MIG welding
The Collision Repair & Refinish 20-week accelerated program is available multiple times throughout the year to fit your schedule. Start your future when you're ready.
|Winter 2021||March 1, 2021|
|Spring 2021||April 26, 2021|
|Summer 2021||July 26, 2021|
|Fall 2021||September 20, 2021|
Learn more about how Matrix Trade Institute can help you.
Admissions & Program Requirements
Want to make money and advance your career?
Learn what you need in order to apply.
The Matrix Tuition Assistance Program (M-TAP)
is available to students who qualify for our programs.
Click here for more information on Matrix Trade Institute, from your application to graduation.